The Galaxy lineup of Smartphones has really helped Samsung rise to be the most popular Smartphone manufacturer of the world. Samsung’s Galaxy devices became popular by the launch of their Samsung Galaxy S ii.
Which eventually became a trendsetter in the Smartphone market.
Since then, every Galaxy Smartphone has been equally successful, and you can get a Galaxy Smartphone on any budget from the market.
Also, last year’s Samsung Galaxy S3 created a huge buzz and user interest because of its Gesture based functions, huge screen, and other features.
This year, Samsung’s flagship device, the Galaxy S4 has already become a Chart-buster by selling over 10 million devices within just about a month of launch. Samsung Galaxy S4 became a huge success because of the extended functions of Air Gestures than it’s the predecessor and it’s incredible specifications.
Even though the features related to Air Gesture has already been popular, many Galaxy S4 users still can’t use these features to its full extent.
And therefore, today we will be discussing the Gesture based functions in the Samsung Galaxy S4 and how it can be utilized!
More About Air Gestures In Your Samsung Galaxy S4 :
Before showing you how to activate these Air Gestures on your Samsung Galaxy S4, it is important for you to know how actually do these actions work.
And don’t worry, it is no mystery. All gesture-based actions are covered with the help of sensors connected to the front-facing camera of your Samsung Galaxy S4.
Therefore your gesture actions should be done parallel to the camera for your actions to be recorded.
You can do the following functions with the help of Air Gestures :
- Make or end calls: You can make or end calls by simply waving your hand parallel to the front-facing camera.
- Swipe Through Gallery, Webpages, Music Player, etc. : You can use gestures to navigate back and forth on the music player, browser, gallery, s memo, etc.
- Air Move: You can move the widgets throughout all your home screens by holding the desired widget and waving your hand to change home screen.
These are some of the major uses based on gestures on the Samsung Galaxy S4. Other features of the Samsung Galaxy S4 include Samsung Smart Scroll, Smart Pause, etc.
How To Enable Galaxy S4’s Air Gesture :
Below is how you can enable air gestures on your Samsung Galaxy S4 :
- From your device’s app drawer, go to Settings.
- Then navigate to My Device located at the top right.
- From the options that appear, navigate and click on Motion and Gestures.
- Under Motion and Gestures, you can find 3 different gestural functions.
- You can switch ON each gestural function separately according to your choice.
- Once you turn ON any gestural function, you will see an animated demo demonstrating the function.
Know Why Air Gestures Are Not Working On Your Samsung Galaxy S4 :
Lately, many people including my friends have bought the Samsung Galaxy S4, and most of them complain that the gestural features do not work on their device.
On my testing with a Samsung Galaxy S4, I found out some possible reasons why gestural actions are not working on your device :
- The sensors for the Air Gesture Technology are located close to the front-facing camera. Hence if you wave your hands by covering the front facing camera, then your gestures probably won’t get noticed. Also, make sure your gestures are made parallel to the front-facing camera.
- As I said, each gestural setting has separate ON/OFF toggle. Hence, if one of your preferred gesture is not working, make sure that it is toggled ON under Motion and Gestures in the settings menu.
- In some rare cases, screen protectors or even protective cases can block the vision of the sensors. Hence these sensors won’t be able to capture your gestures.
- Make sure you don’t wave your hands too fast, also keep only a minimum distance between the device and your palm while waving. I have noticed people waving very fast at these sensors or even waving from a bit far away distance.
- If you find none of these tips working, simply try restarting your device then toggling your gestures back to ON from settings. Even if that doesn’t help, then take your device to your dealer or service center for help and get it fixed.
I hope this article has helped you in understanding about What is the use of air gestures on your Samsung Galaxy S4, How to turn it On, What to do in case your gesture features are not working etc.
Hardware failures are a rare case, so try out different methods to learn how to use these gestures instead of cursing Samsung or your dealer, in case it doesn’t work!
3 thoughts on “How To Make Use Of Air Gestures On Your Samsung Galaxy S4?”
Samsung Galaxy S4 is the most wonderful mobiles. I like it very much. There are different types of mobiles are available in the market.But Samsung is my best mobile.
Awesome Post…and Useful..:)
Samsung galaxy S4 is the best mobile phone because i have this, and i like the feature of this cell phone. Speed is also fast than other mobiles. i like Samsung galaxy s4 very much.