Citibank PremierMiles credit card is one of the best credit cards in the travel category. If you are a frequent domestic flier, the Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card is an excellent choice for you.
This reward points-based card allows you to earn AirMiles (or Miles) that can be redeemed for multiple shopping purposes. However, for the best value, consider redeeming your Miles for flight or hotel bookings with partner airlines or hotel chains, or through Citibank’s PremierMiles portal.
Personal View About Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card
The Citibank Premiermiles credit card offers some great benefits and can be rated under the Visa Signature platform. However, it may not be as impressive as the HDFC Regalia, which offers low 2% markup fees and 12 free lounge access via the Priority Pass Lounge program.
Despite this, I am considering getting my hands on the PremierMiles Credit Card and eventually the Citi Prestige card. One of the main reasons for this is the hotel points transfer ability, which will allow me to play with hotel loyalty programs in the near future.
Citibank PremierMiles Card Details
- Joining fees: Rs. 3,000
- Annual fees: Rs. 3,000
- Annual fees waiver: Receive 3,000 Miles on card renewal every year.
- 10 Miles for every Rs. 100 spent on airline transactions or bank’s Premiermiles portal.
- Up to 20 % discount on dining bills at partner restaurants.
- 6 domestic lounge access per quarter with MasterCard variant.
- 8 domestic lounge access per quarter with Visa Signature variant.
Features of Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card
Earn 10,000 Miles on the spends of Rs. 1,000 or more within 60 days of card issuance.
- Enjoy up to 20% discount on dining bills at partner restaurants.
- Get 1% fuel surcharge reversed at authorized Indian Oil refill stations.
- Earn 10 miles for every Rs.100 spent on airline transactions.
- Get 10 Miles for every Rs.100 spent on flight tickets and hotel stays through the PremierMiles website.
- 4 Miles for every Rs.100 on all other spends.
Best Way to Get Reward Value
- Redeem your miles for partner airlines at 1 Mile = 0.5 AirMile.
- Partner airlines include: Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Eva Air, Thai Airways, Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, and Air India.
- Travel-related categories including Yatra, MakeMyTrip, Goibibo, Premiermiles, Indigo at 1 Mile is Rs. 0.45.
- Redeem 1 Mile is Rs. 0.30 against utility (Vodafone, BookMyShow), retail (ShoppersStop, Westside), dining, and fuel payments.
- Earn 1 Mile is Rs. 0.20 on all other expenses .
- Get 6 domestic lounge access per quarter with the MasterCard variant.
- You get 8 domestic lounge access per quarter with the Visa Signature variant.
- You can redeem the earned Miles for flight bookings on the official airline website or airline counter bookings.
- These Miles can also be transferred to partner Airlines’ and hotel loyalty programs. Thai Airways, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Etihad Airways, Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways, Eva Air, and Air India.
- Get Double Miles Benefits: If you’re a member of an airline’s frequent flyer program, you’ll not only earn your regular AirMiles, but you’ll also earn additional PremierMiles as a program member.
- Get personal accident insurance worth Rs. 1 crore in partnership with The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
- You also get a lost card liability cover worth Rs. 10 lakhs.
- Add-on cardholders do not avail the insurance benefits.
Citibank PremierMiles Other Fees & Charges
- Forex Markup Fees: 3.5%
- Late Payment Charges: Rs. 300 to Rs. 700
- Interest Rate: 3.75% per month or 45% per annum
- Cash Advance Fee: 2% of the amount withdrawn, subject to a minimum charge of Rs. 300.
#1. Is there any expiry date of earned Miles?
No, there is no validity of earned miles on this card.
#2. Is there an annual fee waiver for the Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card?
No, but you can receive 3,000 Miles on card renewal every year.
#3. How many international lounge access do I get?
Citibank PremierMiles credit card does not offer any international lounge access.