HDFC recently launched the brand new HDFC Regalia Gold Credit Card, a premium credit card that offers a range of exclusive benefits and rewards. This card is best for beginners who seek luxurious privileges and experiences.
The HDFC Regalia Gold credit card offers a comprehensive rewards program where you can earn reward points for every transaction made using the card. Additionally, the card provides complimentary access to airport lounges across the world, complimentary Club Vistara Silver Tier and MMT Black Elite membership, and a concierge service.
You get a total reward value of about 4% (milestone + regular benefits) if you spend 7.5 lakhs in a year.
If you are looking for better reward value, consider Axis Bank Vistara Signature credit card & Amex Platinum Travel credit card. You would get more than 5% reward return on hitting the milestone spends.
Let’s discuss the detailed review of HDFC Regalia Gold credit card with milestone benefits.
Fees & Charges
- Joining/Annual Fee – Rs. 2500 + GST
- Annual Fee Waiver – The annual fees are waived off if you spend Rs. 4 lakh or more in a year.
- You get a welcome gift Voucher worth Rs. 2,500 on the realization of joining fee.
on spending of Rs. 1 lakh within first 90 days of credit card issuance
- You get a complimentary Club Vistara Silver Tier membership.
- Also, get MMT Black Elite membership.
Milestone Benefits of HDFC Regalia Gold Credit Card
- You get Rs 1500 vouchers (Marks & Spencer / Marriot / Myntra / Reliance Digital) on quarterly spends of Rs. 1.5 lakh.
- You can earn a Rs. 5000 flight ticket on an annual spend of Rs. 500,000.
- You get an additional Rs. 5000 flight ticket on spends of Rs 750,000 in a year.
Rewards Analysis of HDFC Regalia Gold Credit Card
|Spend Category||Reward Points||Maximum Capping|
|Retail spends including Insurance, Utilities and Education||4 reward points per Rs 150 spends||2000 per day on Insurance payment|
|Marks & Spencer, Myntra, Reliance Digital, Nykaa||20 reward points per Rs 150 spends||5000 RP per month|
You can earn 4 reward points on every spend of Rs 150 which is 1.3% base reward rate. If you hit all milestones then you get 2.46% reward return rate (at face value).
Milestone Reward Points Calculation
Regalia Gold is better than the Regalia card.
On HDFC Regalia card, you get 15000 bonus points on Rs 8 lakh spends which is worth Rs. 7500 maximum (1RP = 0.50 paise). The reward return rate is 0.93%.
While on the HDFC Regalia Gold credit card, you get two flight tickets of Rs. 5000 each on spending of Rs. 7.5 lakh annually. Additionally you get 4 gift vouchers of Rs. 1500 each (Marks & Spencer / Marriot / Myntra / Reliance Digital) on quarterly basis.
Means total you get the benefit of Rs. 16,000 on spending of Rs. 7.5 lakh annually which is 2.13 % reward return rate.
So, on the basis of milestone benefits & reward points, Regalia Gold is better than the Regalia card.
Reward Point Redemption
You can redeem your earned HDFC reward points on smartbuy or netbanking. Reward Points can be redeemed for:
|Category||Reward Redemption Value||Reward Return Rate||Maximum Capping|
|Exclusive Gold Catalogue on select Premium brands via Smartbuy||1 RP = Rs 0.65||1.73%||Information not available|
|Flights and hotel bookings via Smartbuy||1 RP = Rs 0.5||1.33%||50,000 RP per month|
|Airmiles conversion through Netbanking||1RP = 0.5 airmiles||1.33%||Information not available|
|Products and Vouchers via Netbanking or SmartBuy||1 RP = upto Rs 0.35||0.93%||70% of the total value|
|Cash statement balance||1 RP = Rs 0.20||0.53%||50,000 RP per month|
Airport Lounge Access
Domestically/With in India
- 12 complimentary access within India (both at domestic and international terminals).
- You can check the lounges list from here.
International lounge access with Priority Pass
- You and your add-on member get 6 complimentary international lounge access per calendar year with priority pass. You may also read about the debit cards that provides you complimentary lounge access.
- Once you complete a minimum 4 retail transactions on your HDFC Regalia Gold credit card, you can apply for Priority Pass for self and add-on members.
- You will be charged at US $27 per visit after 6 complimentary visits.
- You will be charged at US $27 per visit, if you use your priority pass for lounge access within India.
Other HDFC Regalia Gold Card Features
- 10X reward points for MMT hotels.
- 5X for Apple products/vouchers.
- Recent airline partners line AC, UA, TK.
- No reward points for fuel, rental, government spends.
- Maximum cap of 2000 reward points per month for grocery purchases.
Foreign Currency Markup – 2% on all your foreign currency spends.
Concierge Services – With this credit card, you can enjoy the airport pick up/drop services at 24/7 hours.
- Accidental air death cover worth Rs. 1 Crore.
- Emergency overseas hospitalization: up to Rs. 15 lakhs.
- Credit liability cover: Up to Rs. 9 Lakhs.
#1. What is the validity of earned reward points with HDFC Regalia Gold credit card?
The validity of earned reward points is 2 years from the date of accumulation.
#2. What is the maximum cap of reward points on lights & hotel bookings per calendar month?
The maximum cap of 50,000 RP per calendar month for flights & hotel bookings on Smartbuy portal.
#3. Can I get reward points on EasyEMI and e-wallet loading transactions?
No, there are no reward points benefit for EasyEMI and e-wallet loading transactions.
HDFC Regalia Gold credit card is better than HDFC Regalia credit card! The benefits are improved with other brand-new features like:
- Great value of milestone benefits as compared to Regalia card.
- 5X reward points on certain merchants (Marks & Spencer, Myntra, Reliance Digital, Nykaa).
- Increased value on 65p per point on Products & Vouchers at Gold Catalogue
- Airport pick up/drop service.
If your application for the HDFC Regalia Gold credit card is not approved then you can try for HDFC Millennia credit card which offers 5% cashback on Amazon, Flipkart, Zomato and Swiggy.