The word “Facebook Gaming Apps” have garnered a lot of attention, in the recent years. As you all know that Facebook is a social networking juggernaut, but the company has equally made a mark as far as gaming is concerned. How to block game requests on Facebook, a question every alternate person is interrogating these days.
However, frustration over the invitations isn’t new. The gaming notifications and app requests can be completely annoying and maddening for many people. Games like Farmville, Candy Crush, etc. acquires one profile with an ample amount of notifications.
Fortunately, to your relief, Facebook has a solution to this problem of excessive gaming notifications. Facebook allows its users to block users, app invites, event notifications and entire apps. Let’s have a look at how to stop game invites on Facebook:
Blocking Game Apps on Facebook
Game invitations might be a nuisance for recipients who are not interested in playing. You can block the particular gaming app itself. Let’s have a look at the process:
- Log In to your Facebook account.
- Click on the icon at the top-right of the page and choose “Settings”.
- From the Settings page, click on the “Blocking” tab from the left side.
- There you will see a “Block apps” section, which you can use to block some specific apps.
- Just simply type the name, like, let’s say Candy Crush and you are almost done.
- Once an app is chosen, the app can no longer contact you or get any non-public information about you from Facebook.
In case you want to reverse your action and unblock the app, simply visit the same page and click on the Unblock link.
How to block game requests on Facebook
There is no particular switch to block all games or all app invites, but you can block the friends that send you, game requests most often. You can also block invites from specific friends who constantly need help from you to get to the next level.
Basically, there are two different ways on how to block game invites on Facebook. Let’s have a look at both the methods:
- First of all, click on the top right side “Settings” icon in your profile.
- Then click on the settings option.
- You will see the option of blocking available on the left side panel of the settings page. Click on it.
- There you will see an option of “Blocking Game Invites” on Facebook.
It works well, in case you want to block a particular friend. For blocking multiple persons who send game requests, to you, just add his or her name in the block userbox.
There exists a shorter version, for this elongated process. Let’s have a look at the compact version of How to stop game requests on Facebook:
- First of all, open Games App Center.
- Then, head to the top of the page and click Activity option available on the top menu.
- All the pending invites from your friends will appear on the screen.
- Simply click on the Cross “X” or Ignore All button that appears in the app request.
- Click to block app or game request and confirm it.
So, just follow this process in order to get rid of, of all the game requests from friends that irritate you on Facebook.
How to Prevent Friends from Sending Game Invites
In order to avoid those frustrating notifications, which are completely irrelevant to you, simply turn off the app or game feature to stop receiving invites from your friends.
Let’s have a look at how to turn off game invites on Facebook–
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click the gear icon to show the menu, and choose Account Settings from the list.
- In the Settings window, by using the left sidebar, navigate to the Apps section.
- At the top of the Apps settings section, you will find an option above all the apps that asks you if you want to use apps, plugins, games and websites on the internet.
- This option is turned on by default. If you want to turn it off, click Edit.
- Finally, click Turn Off Platform, and you are done.
By turning this feature off, your friends will not be able to invite or send you, game or app requests anymore. In case you want to turn on the notifications, you can resume back to the page, anytime you want. The list of your previously used apps will be restored.
Blocking Facebook game and app requests on the iPhone and iPad
The Apple devices are a lot trending these days and include the iOs software. In order to, how to turn off game requests on Facebook in case of iPhone and iPad’s follow this process:
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the more button in the bottom navigation.
- Scroll down a ways and tap on Settings.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Tap at Mobile Push under the How You Get Notifications section.
- Uncheck Application Requests and Application Invites.
This simple process, if followed, relieves you of the irritating gaming notifications on your iPhone and iPad.
Blocking Facebook game and app requests on Android
Here is the process of how you can block the Facebook games are apps invites using your Android smartphone:
- Log into your Facebook.
- Once the News Feed page opens up, tap the more button from the top-right corner.
- Tap the Account Settings option under the HELP & SETTINGS section.
- On the Settings window, tap the Notifications option.
- Now, tap the Notifications from apps option under the What Notification You Get section, at the bottom.
- Finally, tap to unselect the apps for which you want to disable the notification under the Notifications from apps section.
Just follow this simple process, in order to get rid of the gaming requests on your Android.
The constant gaming notifications, tend to nag the users to download games and play with friends. You can follow these simple steps in lieu of How to block game requests on Facebook.
With the emergence of mobile devices and mobile apps, a lot of users have shifted to these devices in lieu, of playing games. Thus, the number of people who play games on Facebook have been shrinking, but still these barrage of notifications tends to be beyond annoying, especially when you are not interested in playing.
So, with this feature by Facebook, you no longer have to suffer a social media meltdown. Enjoy your Facebook saga without any nagging interruptions!