If you have come here to learn how to change Username on Snapchat, then let me tell you there is NO direct link or button on Snapchat which will lead you to the edit page where you can change the Username.
If you really want to change the username then you will have to either delete the account and create a new one with completely different username or change the display name.
Perhaps, changing display name may not work for you since people could still be able to search you by your username. So the only alternate remain is to delete your account and create a new one.
Well in this article I will cover both the things i.e deleting the profile and changing the name.
Let’s enter to the guide to learn how to change your username on Snapchat Also, if you want to learn how to change Snapchat name, then also this article will not let you down since along with how to change your name on Snapchat.
I have also further covered how to change Snapchat name (Display name, that is visible to your friends and all your Snapchat contacts ). If anyone is bothering you on Snapchat, here is how to block people on Snapchat.
How to Change Username on Snapchat
As I said above there is no direct facility available to change the Username on Snapchat. But, if you are really annoyed with it and want to get rid of your Snapchat, then there is an only solution remain for you that is creating a new account with the different username.
And it is more than obvious if you change your username you will no longer be reachable for the people who you want to stay away. Because no one would be able to find you until you yourself tell them your username.
Now, I guess you might be feeling relieved that finally you have reached the destination and have got the perfect solution of your queries. I am truly certain after reading the guide you will no more have to ask anyone like can you change your Snapchat username, can you change your Snapchat name and so.
Firstly I will let you know how can you change display name and later I will share the deletion procedure. So? Let’s head to the guide!
Change Snapchat Display Name
- First of all, launch the Snapchat application and open the My Friends page.
- Once there, you can see your name(Display name)appearing on the screen. And below is your username which is not changeable. Now tap on the gear icon just next to your display name.
- Tapping on the gear icon will open up a new box with displaying two options. One is Best Friends and another one is Edit display name. Tapping on the edit display name allows you to enter your new name. Tap on it.
- As sooner you tap on the edit display name option, a small new window will pop up. Here simply erase the old name by pressing backspace key and type a new one. Click on Save. Your name would be changed immediately.
But remember the name you just changed is NOT your username it is just your display name which appears on your Snapchat account. People would still be able to find you by searching your username. Now the choice is yours! If you want to keep your display name changed or still sure to delete the account and create a new one with new Username.
If you are still sure to delete the account then the procedure is given below.
Delete Snapchat Account
In order to delete your Snapchat account, follow these simple steps.
- Go to Main Menu> Learning the Basics> Account Settings> Delete an account. If you don’t want to follow the long procedure, you can directly go to the delete page by clicking on this link > https://support.snapchat.com/delete-account.
- After clicking on the above link, you will be taken to the new page. Here you will need to enter your Snapchat username and the password and then hit on Sign in.
- After you sign in, you will see a deletion page abruptly. Enter the username and password again. You will see a success message saying Your account has been deleted successfully!
Or another method to delete your account is to google it. Simply open the google and make a search for ‘delete Snapchat’. Click on the very first link and you will be landed to the delete page immediately. You should also take a look at deactivating the snapchat account.
Enter your username and password and login. (Follow the same procedure described above)
Once you are done with the deletion procedure. Sign up to create e new account. Put the desired username and enjoy Snapchat with a new username with full security.
Another way to delete your Snapchat account is by using the App. The procedure is given below.
- First launch the Snapchat Application on your device.
- As sooner the app is launched you will see a login screen. Enter the existing username and password.
- Once logged in, open the Settings panel and go to the support.
- Now navigate to the Account Setting.
- And at the last, under the Account settings you will see the Delete an account. Tap on it and fill up the password field again. that’s it! the next moment your account would be deleted.
One thing that I would like to advise you here is, before proceeding to delete the account make sure you note down all the old contacts username. Because in case if they are not in your phone’s contact list you may find difficult to find them again on Snapchat. You should also see, How to add people on Snapchat.
Once you create a new Snapchat account, search them by their username and add them on your Snapchat and they will add you back. However, I have earlier written an article on how to add people on Snapchat. After creating your new account if you find any difficulty you can take the reference of my previous article.
Now I am sure you have learnt how to change username on Snapchat. Don’t forget to share this article on social media if you find it worth sharing.
In case, of any difficulty drop your comment in the comment section. We are just a click away!!