Minecraft is one of the most loved games among game lovers. This is the reason we have been writing about it quite a lot. If you have not gone through those guides yet, click here.
This time, we have brought down another easy yet very important tutorial i.e How to change your name in Minecraft.
The Minecraft lovers seem to be struggling to change their Minecraft username and they often seek the answers like How to change your Minecraft username. That’s the reason we have come up with this guide.
We need to select our Minecraft username while creating an account on Mojang and it becomes really difficult for us when we don’t like that name.
In such a situation, all we want is to change that name, and having the knowledge of this becomes really essentials, in such cases.
But remember, you can’t change your Minecraft username until you have an account on the Mojang website.
Let’s find out how to change your Minecraft name step by step.
How To Change Your Name In Minecraft:
Changing Minecraft username is really easy. Just a few steps and you are done. Here’s how to do that.
Step 1. Since it’s presumed that you already have a Mojang account created, you can change your Minecraft username by signing into it.
So the very first step you need to follow is to go to https://account.mojang.com/ and sign in to your Mojang user account by entering the email address and password. A screenshot for the sign-in page is given below.
If you don’t have an account created already, you will need to create one. For this, click on the Register a new Mojang account link located on the right, in the above screenshot.
Follow all the needful steps to create the account and complete the process.
Step 2. Once you are successfully signed in, you might need to confirm your identity. If you encounter any such page, answer the security question and click on Proceed.
Step 3. After the completion of the security check, you will be redirected to the My games page. There you will see the list of all the games associated with your Mojang account.
Now search for the Minecraft game in the list. Next to the Minecraft name, under the Profile name column, you will see your current username followed by the option (change). Click on Change to proceed.
If you find difficulty in locating the option, have a look at the below screenshot.
Step 4. On clicking the Change option, you will be redirected to the below screen. As you can see, your current name is written there. Below your current username, a text field is given to enter your new name.
Write any desired name there and check for its availability. Without checking the availability of the name, you can’t pick that name because the Minecraft username has to be unique.
Also, be careful while changing the name because you can’t re-change the name within 30 days from the day of changing the name.
Once the appropriate name is selected, click the Change name button, your name will be changed.
Now log out from your Mojang account to see the new username.
That’s it, You are done. So this is how to change your Minecraft username! But don’t panic when the new name doesn’t appear immediately.
It may take few minutes to some hours to make the change effect.
But even after waiting after few hours the new name doesn’t show up, you need to contact Mojang support for the lookout for the solution. But before you head towards changing your Minecraft username, consider reading the second half of the guide.
Some Points To Keep In Mind:
After reading the above steps, you must have understood how easy is to change the username. But there are some points you need to keep in mind before you opt for changing your Minecraft username.
Let’s figure out what are those points.
- To change the username on Minecraft, you need to have a Mojang account compulsorily. Without that, there is no chance of changing the name.
- The change of Minecraft username is supported in the new versions of Minecraft i.e 1.7.10 (released June 2014) and above. if you have been using Minecraft on the older versions, your new username would be treated as a new player. So the above method to change the Minecraft username is for those with the new versions.
- Once you change your Minecraft username, you can’t change it back within 30 days of changing it. So be careful while selecting the name. If you made a typo or there is some other problem with the name, you don’t have any other option but to wait. So don’t be in a hurry and select the name wisely.
- The username has to be unique. So come up with a unique name and then head over to change it. If you like a name that is already in use, all you can do is to contact that person and ask for that name.
- Even if that person agrees to give up that name for you, you can only acquire that name within 37 days of releasing it. Mojang holds any name for the duration of 37 days so you have to wait for that time span.
- The same thing is applicable when you want your old username back. Your old username is held on the Mojang servers for 37 days, so be quick and choose the name after 30 days and within the next 7 days i.e 37 days in total.
So these were some important points to remember. I guess, so far you have learned everything you need to, about how to change your name in Minecraft.
Quick Links –
- MasterClass Review With MasterClass Discount Coupon Codes
- The Basics Of Linux & Windows
- Liquid Web Hosting Review : Good or Bad? Read NOW
The steps were really simple and there must not have been any doubts following them but still, if you have any doubts or queries remaining, you can drop us a comment below.
Also, if the tutorial helped you to change your name successfully, consider sharing this guide on different social mediums to help others.