If you are a Spotify supporter who has taken a decision to give other music subscriptions a try, you can terminate the premium account at your wish. It inverts the account back to the free service when the current subscription period ends.
But, if a person is sure of not coming back at all, then there is an option of deleting the Spotify account permanently. Given below are the steps on how to delete Spotify account.
Spotify’s mobile applications do not give the facility to delete accounts and the formerly available account deletion links on the web page are of no use as they are not available. So, a person now must contact Spotify Support and then send an email request to the account.
If the account is linked to Facebook, which means a Facebook account is used to access the Spotify account, then the Spotify account must be deleted before the Facebook account is deleted. The steps to delete Spotify account are mentioned below.
- In the browser, visit the Spotify’s contact form. Go to Spotify sign in using your username and password.
- As you sign in, there are some categories, which pop up next. The categories given will be subscription, account, logging in, technical issues, and ideas/feedback. Select any category from the list given.
- A new page pops up, which contains various topics. To continue, select any topic.
- There will appear a green button at the bottom saying I still need help. Click on that.
- A typing space called Tell Us More will appear, where the user must type ‘’I want to close my Spotify account’’.
- To send your query to Spotify, click on Send question. Use your email address on the file to send the query in the form of email
- You will receive an auto-response sending you back to the community of Spotify. This is just a procedure – do not bother. Just directly reply to that email requesting to delete your account. This message sent by you will reach one of Spotify’s human agents and the issue will be taken on by them from hereon.
- Keep following up on that email as it may require confirming your identity, date of birth, and few other details. It would be a good decision to whitelist Spotify.com so that emails from the support staff don’t get notified as spam.
- Within a few days of application, Spotify will issue an email to confirm that the account has been deleted successfully. This is when you can uninstall it from your desktop, mobile devices, laptop, or tablet.
Shutting down the account will restrict you from accessing any kind of information or details stored in it and that includes your offline songs and custom playlists. A person can never again access the Spotify account with the same username.
If you have done Spotify sign up and want to delete the account because of any reason and if the above steps are a little confusing, we have broken down the steps on how to delete a Spotify account into much simpler version because deleting the Spotify account is a complicated status for the users of Spotify.
How to Delete Spotify Account – In Simple Steps
- On the web browser, go to the Spotify Sign-in into the account using your username and password.
- Keep scrolling until you reach the bottom of the page. Click on About given on the bottom left-hand corner of the page.
- You will be given options. Click on Contact form given under the category of Customer Service and Support. The link will directly take you to the customer service form, which needs to be filled with all your details.
- Select Removing/Cancelling Spotify given under the first drop-down menu.
- Select Delete/Close my Spotify account given under the second drop-down menu.
- Later, under the third drop-down menu, click on the option that suits your situation.
- A text box will pop up, which needs to be filled with the reason for deleting the Spotify account. The reason must include all the relevant information about the details of the account. Explain your desire to delete the account.
- Submit the above-filled application and your Spotify account must be gone in a few days.
These days, it is not necessary to send the staff an email. Just filling up the contact form does the work. Just select Removing/Cancelling Spotify in the first step.
In the second step, click on Delete/Close my Spotify account. And add the reason why you are leaving Spotify in the third step. It has become simple. If you have queries about how to change Spotify username, you can send that request also to the agents in the service.
Texts or images, which can be viewed publicly, are not properly erased even after deleting the account. So, try deleting them or editing them manually before you delete your Spotify account.
Due to legal obligations, deletion requests do not always mean that your data will actually be deleted. If you have signed up for Spotify account with the help of third-party logins such as Facebook or Twitter, you might want to revoke all access from Spotify.
As of 2015, Spotify is now available for Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, Blackberry, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Samsung Smart TV, Microsoft Windows Desktop, Sonos, Windows Mobile, and Squeezebox. Spotify is unavailable for Windows 8 as a Windows store.
Spotify uses Digital Rights Management (DRM) in order to prevent unauthorized usage. It gives the Terms and Conditions to its users so that they cannot reverse engineer the application. As of the updated version, it is accessible to play locally stored MP3 and AAC files. But this is not supported in Linux.
The size of the cache and location is configurable. The company launched a new website in December of 2013 called ‘’Spotify for Artists’’, which gave out it’s revenue data and business model. And that is all we have in our article about how to delete the Spotify account.