Printing out your work on paper is an old phenomenon. It is not something new. But with technology innovation each day, this process demands a change. For a lot of people for whom Hard copies still are a way to work, especially if you are a student or a professional who works from home, etc. the printer machine is valuable.
As compared to desktops, people these days spend more time on their mobile devices. Now if you happen to be using an iOs device, like an iPhone or iPad, then the question arises that how to print from iPhone.
iPhone is a mini laptop in itself. Just pair it with a keyboard or office suite. Take a look at ways of print from iPhone:
Printing Photos from iPhone
The iPhone has the world’s most popular and best quality camera. It is but obvious that after clicking snaps from this amazing camera, you might be in awe of some physical print to hang it on your barren wall. Let’s see how to print pictures from iPhone:
- Tap on the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the photo you’d like to print.
- Now you will see a box with an upward-pointing arrow. It is called the Share button. Tap on it.
- Swipe left on the bottom menu to see the print option.
- Scroll all the way at the end and you will see the Print option. Tap on it.
- Click on Select Printer and tap the printer you’d like to use.
- Use the plus or minus buttons to adjust how many copies you’d like to print.
- To finish, tap on Print.
This is the simplest way to print photos from iPhone. The larger you print, the more compromises you have to make in terms of image quality. So, better print a smaller image. Basically, how to print photos from iPhone, is the easiest of all.
Printing Text Messages from iPhone
A lot of times it happens that a text message is valuable that you need a hard copy of it may be for immediate use or for keeping it as a backup. One simple way to do it is to email the text messages to your email account and print them from email. But this won’t work in case you want to print a lot of text messages.
For that, you need to resort to various professional iPhone SMS Extractor software’s available. One of the easier and most used of them all is AnyTrans. Take a look at how to print text messages from iPhone using AnyTrans:
- Download and install AnyTrans on the computer. Run AnyTrans and connect iPhone to a computer with a USB cable.
- Click the gear icon on the top-right and click “Export Setting”. Set the exporting format of Messages to pdf.
- Click “Messages” Button at the main page of AnyTrans.
- Select the text messages you want to print and export them to the computer by clicking the “To Computer” icon.
- Now open that exported file on your computer
- Print out the required text messages by using the printer.
CopyTrans software is equally good and is widely used. You can use it for the same purpose.
How to print from iPhone via AirPrint
The simple solution is a built-in feature called AirPrint, which enables you to print directly from your iPhone or another iOs device to a compatible wireless printer. These days all the modern printers come equipped with this feature.
AirPrint is Apple’s officially authorized means of printing from its mobile devices, so you don’t need any extra software or any apps in order to print. Take a look at some apps that support AirPrint:
- Safari- Maximum time’s people search through the Safari browser. Print an entire Web page using the share button at the bottom of the browser.
- Evernote- One of the best apps to maintain notes. You can print any notes from Evernote.
- Google Maps. It enables you to print out maps and driving directions.
- Instapaper- Instapaper now has printing support. So you can print any article or blog from here.
- Crosswords- Crosswords is a great app to play crosswords on any touch-enabled iOS device. You can simply print the puzzles. A great tool for those that still like paper puzzles.
Take a look at how to use AirPrint-
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network. In order to use AirPrint, both your printer and iPhone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, let’s say you are using Safari. Go to the Safari page and check the connection between iPhone and printer. You will see an arrow that resembles a forward or reply email icon. Tap this icon.
- Select “Print.” Your printer should appear as the selected device. If not, tap the Printer field, allow your device to scan, and tap the printer name when it appears.
- Choose the number of copies and hit Print in the top-right corner of the page.
In case you want to print text messages by using AirPrint then save the text messages to screenshots and print them by the same process mentioned above. AirPrint enables you to print pictures from iPhone using the same above stated process.
If you want to cancel the print command, then double-tap the Home button, choose Print Center while in the App Switcher, and tap Cancel Printing.
AirPrint Not Available
Now, in case your printer is not AirPrint-compatible, then you need to take the help of some apps. Applications like Printopia or HandyPrint will solve your purpose. Just download the app and it will display the list of printers installed on your computer. Choose yours and just select Print.
There is just one problem of using this method that it goes through the computer and not with the iDevices directly.
Once you understand the process of how to print from iPhone, then it is relatively easy and straightforward. To see whether your printer is AirPrint enabled or not, check out your printer’s documentation. Go can even go through your iOs App Store to see in case there’s a custom app for your printer.
So with just a few clicks, print and share with your iOs device and enjoy the convenience.