The biggest advantage of using an Android device is that it is a subsidiary of Google. And if you’re an Android user, then you’re technically always synced with Google.
Your Google Account is always synced with your Android Smartphone. There are a lot of benefits of syncing your Google Account with your Android device. Like:
- You can wirelessly download and install apps on your Android device from your PC. Once you visit the Google Play Store via your PC and choose to install any application, it automatically downloads and installs the app to your selected Android device, provided you use the same Google Account and that your device is connected to the internet.
- You always receive new notifications, email, etc. straight into your Android device. You can receive notifications regarding your Gmail, YouTube, Google+ accounts and even respond to them directly from your device. Also, images uploaded to your Google account is automatically synced with your Android device and vice-versa.
- Another major advantage of syncing your Android device with your Google account is that you always get updated notifications. For example, if you get a notification from your Google account on both your Android device and PC, and if you respond to that notification from your PC, that notification will be automatically removed from your device. Hence, providing you only with updated notifications, always!
Why You Should Remove Picasa Album From Your Android Device?
Now here comes the major disadvantage. Most of the android devices today come with limited internal storage, and you’re always trapped with your available internal storage as in most of the devices out there, you can’t transfer the installed apps to your external storage.
So once you fill up your internal storage, you will start searching for ways to remove unwanted apps and empty storage space. One major way to empty internal storage is to remove Picasa album from android.
Even if you didn’t download or install the Picasa for Android app, your Picasa web album is always automatically synced with your device and all new photo you upload to your Picasa Web Album can be accessed from your Android device too.
You can’t delete the Picasa album from your gallery, and the only way to Remove Picasa album from your Android device is by disabling auto-sync of Picasa Web Album with your device.
And today, we will be showing you how to delete Picasa Album from your Android device.
How To Remove Picasa Album From Android?
Below is the procedure to Remove Picasa album from Android:
- First, navigate to Settings in your device.
- Then scroll down and find the Accounts menu.
- Click on Accounts, then click on the Google tab.
- Now click on the email address that is synced with your device.
- After clicking your synced email address, you will be displayed with a list of Google media’s that has been synced with your device.
- Disable syncing with Picasa Web Album.
After doing so, if you again go to your Gallery, you can still see the Picasa Album. To completely remove the album from your device you need to clear your Gallery’s cache, and here’s how:
- Navigate again to Settings.
- From Settings, go to the Applications Manager of your device.
- Under Applications Manager you will see 3 tabs, namely “Downloaded, Running and All“.
- Swipe to the All tab.
- Now scroll down until you see Gallery, and then click on the Gallery option.
- From the box that appears, click on Clear Cache. And now the cache of your gallery will be cleared.
Don’t worry, you’ll not lose any of your existing albums except that you Can’t view Picasa Web Albums anymore. After clearing the cache, the Picasa Album will be removed from your device.