Passwords. I can’t live without them. I can’t live with them. Pesky little things that dominate our internet lives, and often transcend the barriers of the virtual web and land into our real lives as Bank and ATM passcodes.
Today we are going to recover help you recover your password. Not the one of your Bank, though, I can’t assist you with that one! But if you’ve lost your Apple ID I’m here to take care of that little problem for you!
Apple ID: Why is it Important?
Apple ID is essentially the passport for you to access the wonderful world of Apple and download useful software and OS upgrades from the store. If you are a newcomer into the Apple ecosystem and have somehow stumbled upon this, be sure to check out this article to know how you can get your very own Apple ID.
Now that you have made one, keep it safe! This is incredibly important because without the Apple ID you can’t:
- download software from the Mac Store
- enable and use iCloud
- buy stuff from iTunes or the Mac Online Store
- make reservations at a retail shop.
That’s a lot of “can’t do”-s and so take heed, follow my advice and keep it safe! However, if you have lost the Apple ID password already, and don’t have it written down in your secret diary; then I’m here to save the day. Well, save your account more realistically, but yeah you get it!
How to Reset Apple ID Password Easily
So you have lost your password and now have to change apple id password so that you can regain access to iTunes and everything else. Now in this article, I will show you how to reset Apple ID password in 3 ways, so choose whichever of these you find the easiest! But first, a couple of necessary steps before you can get to the different options!
Next step on the Apple password reset, is to enter your Apple ID and then click on Next. To recover apple id password, enter in your Apple ID and proceed to any one of the next three options!
Next up you will be presented with these three options to reset apple id password:
- Answer your security questions. Answer a few simple questions that you answered while setting up the account!
- Use email authentication. Use your email and use that to reset apple id password.
- Use two-step verification. If you have set up two-step verification prior to this, you can use that as well!
#1. Answer your security questions
If you remember the answer to your security questions, then follow these steps to quickly regain access to your account!
- Click on “Answer security questions,” and then hit Next.
- Put in your birthdate and continue to the Next pane.
- Answer all the security questions.
- Now you’re in the home stretch! Set a new password and this time keep it somewhere safe, so you don’t lose it again!
#2. Use email authentication
While you might have forgotten the password to your Apple account, you obviously still have access to your email account!
- On the reset my apple id password screen, select Email authentication, then click Next. You will immediately receive an email from Apple on your primary or rescue email address.
- Go to your inbox and open the email from Apple and click on the link given in there.
- When the My Apple ID page opens, set a new password and select Reset Password.
#3. Use two-step verification
If you set up two-step verification, you can use it to change your password. You will just need a trusted device and a recovery key, the rest of the process is fairly simple and straight forward!
- Enter the Recovery Key that you made when you first activated two stage authentication!
- On the next screen, choose from one of your trusted devices. Apple will send a verification code on that device.
- Enter the verification code on the browser window.
- Finally set up your account with a new password and you’re done!
Caution: If you lose either of the recovery key or the trusted device then you can’t change your password!
After you reset your password
Once you’re done with the procedure, you will have to sign in using the new password in all the places that need an Apple ID to work. Otherwise, you’ll recieve ncessant pop-up messages asking you to sign in.
That brings us to the end of ths article! If you have any more question regarding Apple ID reset, then feel free to drop a comment in the box below, and I’ll be sure to get back to you! If you’re looking for some more such interesting articles on all things Apple, check out our list of articles the fruit company in here!