WhatsApp needs no prior introduction. It’s so far the most used and the most popular instant messaging application, for mobile operating system’s out there.
What makes WhatsApp so popular is the fact that it’s a cross-platform messaging application, and that you don’t need to create any specific account, in order to use WhatsApp.
All you need is the mobile phone numbers of you and your friends.
The only limitation or disadvantage, that could be pointed out of WhatsApp was that it has no desktop software or desktop client. Hence, you need a Smartphone with WhatsApp support in order to use the application.
Well, that would no more be a barrier :D. Because now you can use WhatsApp on the computer. Even though there is no official WhatsApp Desktop-App, you can use WhatsApp on the computer with the help of third-party software called “BlueStacks“.
Bluesharks is not an exclusive WhatsApp Client for Windows. You can run any Android application on Windows computers using the BlueShacks software.
Today, we are here with a small tutorial on how to install and use WhatsApp on the computer using the Bluestacks software.
Minimum System Requirements For Installing Bluestacks Software:
To run the Bluestacks software on your computer, there are some minimum system requirements. Like:
- You need administrator access to your computer.
- Your computer must be running at least Windows XP Service Pack 3.
- Your computer must have at least .Net framework 2.0
- Your computer must have at least 2 GB of RAM.
- Your computer must have a C: Drive as the default storage location.
- You need a compatible VGA.
If your computer meets the minimum system requirements to install the Bluestacks software, then below is how you can install the software and run WhatsApp on the computer.
How To Install Bluestacks And Run WhatsApp On The Computer?
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to install bluestacks and run WhatsApp on the computer:
- Download the bluestacks software installer for your computer from here.
- After you download the bluestacks software installer, run the installer.
- When you begin the installation process, set and enable all app store settings.
- After installing the bluestacks software, visit their official site [the site from where you downloaded the installer] and upgrade it completely.
- After you have finished the installation, launch the application from your desktop.
- From the main home screen of the Bluestacks software, you’ll see a Search bar.
- Click on the search bar, and type in “WhatsApp” as the search query.
- Now click on the install button, to install WhatsApp Messenger to your computer.
- Before beginning the installation process, you’ll need to login to your Google Account. Log in with your credentials. If you don’t have a Google Account, you’ll need to create one.
- After the installation of the WhatsApp Messenger ends, launch the WhatsApp application.
- As usual, you’ll need to agree with their Terms and Policies and then you’ll need to enter your mobile number with country code [ ex: +91].
- After entering your mobile number, WhatsApp will now send an automated message to your mobile number with a verification code.
- Enter that verification code to the WhatsApp application on your computer, and you’re done!
Now to add new contacts to your WhatsApp application on the computer, you’ll need to add the mobile number of your contact with his/her country code. You can perform any usual tasks using the WhatsApp on the computer.
I hope you found this simple tutorial helpful. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please leave it as a comment below! 🙂