As someone who has been blogging for a while now, I know how difficult it can be trying to get the perfect look and feel for your blog.
Whether you’re wanting to display relevant sidebar information or just create a cleaner reader experience, having complete control over your WordPress blog’s layout is perceptive.
In this blog post, I’m going to walk you through why and how to remove Divi Sidebar from your posts and blog pages so that you can make sure they fit with the vision of your entire website.
With Divi – the popular drag & drop page builder with tons of customization options – we can take our blogs further by easily removing dividers from post and blog pages in no time!
Why You Should Exclude the Sidebar from Your Website?
Sidebars can cause content to be less visible and engaging, so here are three reasons why excluding them from your website may be beneficial:
- Let Visitors Focus on Content: By removing sidebars, you ensure that what’s most important—the content—is immediately visible and accessible. This makes it easier for visitors to find what they’re looking for and read through your content without getting distracted.
- It Can Be Unappealing To Some Users: Sidebars can be distracting and cluttered with ads and pop-ups, which may drive away potential customers. Additionally, a sidebar can take up valuable space on the page that could be used more effectively.
- Make Your Web Pages Load Faster: Sidebars usually contain a lot of unnecessary content that can slow down the loading time of your page. By removing sidebars, you reduce the amount of data that needs to be loaded, meaning your pages will load faster.
- It May Reduce Your Page Load Speed: A busy sidebar with lots of content may slow down your page load speed. This can be an issue for users who are accessing your website from mobile devices or have slower internet connections.
- Improve Mobile Compatibility: While sidebars can look great on desktops, they often don’t translate well to mobile devices. Removing them makes your website more user-friendly on mobile and lets visitors focus solely on the content they’re looking for without any distractions.
- It Can Overwhelm The Content: Too much content on your page can be overwhelming for users. It can cause them to lose focus and miss important information in the main section of your website.
Simplify Your Divi Post Page by Removing the Sidebar:
Navigate to your WordPress Dashboard and select Posts. Choose the post you want to have a full-width display.
On the right side of the screen, locate the Divi Page Settings option. Within this section, you’ll find a page layout option. Click on “No Sidebar” to remove the sidebar, following the example in the screenshot below.
Hit the “Save” button, refresh the single post page, and behold! You’ll now enjoy a sidebar-free reading experience.
Simplify your home blog page by removing the Divi sidebar.
Create a stunning new page in WordPress using Divi settings in just a few simple steps.
- Open the WordPress Dashboard and go to Pages > Add New.
- Choose a name for your page and click the Publish button.
- Access the Divi builder by clicking “Use Divi builder” and explore three options: Build from scratch, Choose a Premade Layout, or Clone existing page.
- Select “Build From Scratch” and a helpful popup will appear. Choose the “Single Column” option.
- In the new window, search for the Blog element and add it to your page. Customize the blog elements to fit your needs.
- Save your changes by clicking the tick mark and then the Save button. Your blog page will now be displayed without a sidebar.
- Now it’s time to set up your newly created blog page as the homepage. After removing the sidebar from the homepage, click on the Theme Customizer. In the Theme Customizer, select Homepage settings > A static page. Choose the page you created, such as “Blog page,” and click Publish.
Another simple method to follow:
To remove the Divi Sidebar from your Home Blog Page, follow the steps below:
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard: The first step in this process is to access your website’s backend. Enter your username and password to log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Divi Theme Options: From your dashboard, navigate to the left-hand side menu. Locate and click on “Divi,” then select “Theme Options.”
- Navigate to Builder Settings: Within the Theme Options, find and click on the “Builder” tab, and then click on “Advanced.”
- Disable Sidebar for Blog Page: Here, you will see an option named “Enable Divi Gallery.” Uncheck this option to remove the sidebar from your Home Blog Page.
- Save Changes: Finally, don’t forget to save your settings. Scroll down and click on the “Save Changes” button.
After you have followed these steps, your Divi Sidebar should be removed from your Home Blog Page. Refresh your website to verify the changes.
Conclusion: Why And How To Remove Divi Sidebar In Post & Blog Page in 2023
In conclusion, it’s easy to see what a useful tool the Divi Sidebar can be in creating posts and blog pages. Removing it from certain areas can help to keep clutter out of the layout, allowing for a cleaner and more cohesive design aesthetic.
It can also help to consolidate content that would otherwise take up too much space. With the simple guide outlined above, anyone can learn how to quickly and easily remove the Divi Sidebar from their posts and blog pages with just a few clicks.
I hope this was helpful! Now that you know how to properly remove the Divi Sidebar, why not give it a try today?
Check out some of your favorite blog posts or designs – maybe even make one of your own – and see what creative solutions you can come up with!