It’s no secret that Barack Obama is one of the most eloquent public speakers in U.S. history. Over his two terms as president, he’s delivered some truly memorable quotes—some inspiring, some humorous, and all thought-provoking.
In this blog post, we’ve collected some of our favorites for you to enjoy. So sit back and savor these wise words from President Obama!
Barack Obama Quotes 2023
1. “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.” – Barack Obama
2. “You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.” – Barack Obama
3. “Change is never easy, but always possible.” – Barack Obama
4. “If you run you stand a chance of losing, but if you don’t run you’ve already lost.” – Barack Obama
5. Let’s disagree on the issues, but let’s work together to protect a system of government that has stood strong for 240 years and made us the greatest country on Earth. – Barack Obama
6. In a world of complex threats, our security and leadership depend on all elements of our power – including strong and principled diplomacy. – Barack Obama
7. “Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice.” – Barack Obama
8. The thing about hip-hop today is it’s smart, it’s insightful. The way they can communicate a complex message in a very short space is remarkable. – Barack Obama
9. “We know we can’t stop every act of violence, every act of evil in the world. But maybe we could try to stop one act of evil, one act of violence,” – Barack Obama
10. If people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists – to protect them and to promote their common welfare – all else is lost. – Barack Obama
11. “Money is not only the answer, but it makes a difference.” – Barack Obama
12. My identity might begin with the fact of my race, but it didn’t, it couldn’t end there. At least that’s what I would choose to believe. – Barack Obama
13. “Change requires more than righteous anger. It requires a program, and it requires organizing.” – Barack Obama
14. We may not be able to stop evil in the world, but how we treat one another is entirely up to us. – Barack Obama
15. “All of us need to demand leaders brave enough to stand up to the gun lobby’s lies.” – Barack Obama
16. When times get tough, we don’t give up. We get up. – Barack Obama
17. “Today the world has crossed the threshold for the Paris Agreement to take effect.” – Barack Obama
18. “We don’t turn back. We leave no one behind. We pull each other up.” – Barack Obama
19. Change is the effort of committed citizens who hitch their wagons to something bigger than themselves and fight for it every single day. – Barack Obama
20. “This is not about partisan politics. It’s about upholding the institutions that make our democracy work.” – Barack Obama
21 “Give Judge Garland a hearing.
Give Judge Garland an up-or-down vote.
Treat him – and our democracy – with the respect they deserve.” – Barack Obama
22. “I said I would take this process seriously – and I did. I chose a serious man and an exemplary judge, Merrick Garland.” – Barack Obama
23. “Michelle’s like Beyoncé in that song. ‘Let me upgrade ya!’ She upgraded me.” – Barack Obama
24. At the end of the day, the one thing I’m absolutely convinced about is: Everybody cares about their kids, their grandkids, and the kind of world we pass on to them. – Barack Obama
25. “We are the change we have been waiting for.” – Barack Obama
26. Everyone must do their part, and as long as we unite to protect the one planet we have, we can leave it in better shape for future generations. – Barack Obama
27. “In the face of hate and violence, we will love one another. We will not give in to fear or turn against each other.” – Barack Obama
28. The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on. – Barack Obama
29. “America’s economy isn’t just better than it was eight years ago – it’s the strongest, most durable economy in the world.” – Barack Obama
30. “When all Americans are treated equal, we’re all more free.” – Barack Obama
31. Keep exploring, keep dreaming. Keep asking why. Don’t settle for what you already know. Never stop believing in the power of your ideas, your imagination, and your hard work to change the world. – Barack Obama
32. The Best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for a good thing to happen to you. – Barack Obama
33. “Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it, and to work for it, and to fight for it.” ― Barack Obama
34. “Hope is the belief that destiny will not be written for us, but by us, by the men and women who are not content to settle for the world as it is, who have the courage to remake the world as it should be.” ― Barack Obama
35. “Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. And it will leave you unfulfilled.” ― Barack Obama
36. “If you run you stand a chance of losing, but if you don’t run you’ve already lost.” ― Barack Obama
37. “It’s important to make sure that we’re talking with each other in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds.” ― Barack Obama
38. “I’m inspired by the people I meet in my travels–hearing their stories, seeing the hardships they overcome, their fundamental optimism and decency.” ― Barack Obama
39. “I’m inspired by the love people have for their children. And I’m inspired by my own children, how full they make my heart. They make me want to work to make the world a little bit better. And they make me want to be a better man.” ― Barack Obama
40. “One voice can change a room, and if one voice can change a room, then it can change a city, and if it can change a city, it can change a state, and if it changes a state, it can change a nation, and if it can change a nation, it can change the world. Your voice can change the world.” ― Barak Obama
41. “Nothing can stand in the way of the power of millions of voices calling for change.” ― Barack Obama
Conclusion : Barack Obama Quotes 2023
As we come to the end of this blog post, it’s important to remember that change is always possible. We hope that by sharing these Barack Obama quotes, you’ll be inspired to make a change in your life for the better.
And who knows? Maybe you’ll even run for office yourself one day. If you’re looking for more motivational content, be sure to check out our website. We have plenty of resources to help you achieve your goals and live a successful life.
What do you think about Obama’s quotes? Are they inspiring to you? Let us know in the comments below!