Lifetime free credit cards is a beginner level credit card that offers basic rewards or cashback benefits without any annual fees.
If you want to get the better value, you should go with premium level credit cards that offer more added benefits such as lounge access, travel benefits, golf sessions, and great higher reward points.
With a premium credit card, you can enjoy exclusive privileges and benefits for a more luxurious credit card experience.
Let’s explore more about the benefits and features of 9 best lifetime free credit cards in India.
9 Best Lifetime Free (LTF) Credit Cards in India 2023
#1. Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card is a lifetime free credit card that is best suited for those who shop regularly on Amazon. The card offers cashback on all transactions made on Amazon, making it a great way to save money on your purchases.
If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can get a flat 5% cashback on Amazon purchases. The non-prime members can earn 3% cashback on Amazon spends.
The card also offers 2% cashback at Amazon partner merchants and 1% cashback on all other online & offline spends.
Key Features of Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card
- Lifetime free credit card.
- For prime members – 5% cashback on Amazon spends.
- For non-prime members – 3% cashback on all purchases made on Amazon India.
- You will get 2% cashback on over 100 plus Amazon partner merchants.
- Get 1% cashback on all other online and offlines spends except fuel.
- 1 Reward Point = Rs. 1 (for expenditure on Amazon).
- Reward Points transferred as cashback to Amazon Pay balance.
- 1% fuel surcharge waived off.
#2. HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
If you love to travel or want to stay at Taj hotels, then the HSBC credit card is definitely worth exploring. This entry-level card is available for a lifetime free that offers Taj Innercircle benefits.
The best part about this card is that you can transfer your accumulated rewards in a 1:1 ratio to Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, British Airways Avios, and Taj Inner Circle. Even the premium HDFC Bank Infinia does not offer this feature.
Key Features of HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Convert your reward points to Taj Inner Circle. (1,000 RPs = 1,000 Taj Inner Circle).
- For Singapore Airline Conversion, 1 reward point is equivalent to 1 Kris Flyer Mile.
- For British Airways (Executive Club) Conversion, 1 reward point is equivalent to 1 Avios Mile.
- For InterMiles conversion, 2 reward points are equivalent to 1 InterMile.
- You earn 2 Reward Points on every spend of Rs. 150.
- You can earn 5x reward points after crossing the total spend of Rs. 4,00,000 in an anniversary year.
- Amazon gift voucher worth Rs. 500.
- 3 complimentary airport lounge access/meal vouchers as a welcome benefit.
#3. RBL Bank Insignia Preferred Banking Credit Card
RBL bank’s Insignia Preferred Banking credit card is an ideal choice for those who seek premium privileges. This card is exclusively available for the bank’s Insignia Preferred members, who can apply for it through their relationship manager.
The card is offered free of cost to members and provides access to exclusive benefits like Priority Pass membership, concierge service, and attractive movie and dining benefits.
You can earn 10 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on international transactions and 5 Reward Points per Rs. 100 on domestic transactions.
Additionally, the card offers exciting lifestyle benefits, including discounts on movie tickets and dining, and free golf games and sessions every year at premium golf courses across the country.
Key Features of RBL bank’s Insignia Preferred Banking credit card
- 5 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on domestic transactions.
- 10 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on international transactions.
- Travel benefits worth Rs. 30,000 on expenditure of Rs. 8 lakh in the previous year.
- Priority Pass membership with 6 complimentary international lounge visits every calendar year.
- 2 complimentary lounge access every quarter under the MasterCard lounge access program.
- 24×7 concierge service.
- 4 complimentary rounds of green fees every year ( max 1 round per month).
- 12 complimentary golf lessons every year (max 1 per month).
- Flat Rs. 500 off on movie ticket bookings on BookMyShow.
- Avoid 1% fuel surcharge waiver for transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 4,000 (max waiver capped at Rs. 250 per month).
#4. AU Bank LIT Credit Card
The AU Small Finance LIT Credit Card is a unique offering in the credit card market as it allows you to customize the features according to your needs. Using the AU 0101 mobile App, you can select the features which you want to use for the next 90 days.
The card offers five different categories of features to choose from, including travel benefits, OTT membership benefits, shoppers category, milestone cashback category, and other categories. This card provides the flexibility and freedom to you to personalize the card as per your preferences.
Here are the 5 different categories to choose from:
#1. Travel Benefits Category
- 4 complimentary Domestic Lounges in India per quarter
- Lounge access outside India chargeable at USD 27 per visit
- Valid for 90 days from activation
#2. Membership Benefits Category
- Complimentary 3-month memberships for ZEE5, Amazon Prime, and Cult.fit
- Memberships subject to spend conditions
#3. Shoppers’ Reward Category
- Earn 10X or 5X accelerated Reward Points on all online and offline transactions.
- Accelerated Reward Points available with selected features.
- Cash withdrawal, EMI, fuel, insurance, and rent transactions not eligible.
#4. Milestone Cashback Category
- 5% cashback for achieving monthly spending targets Rs. Rs. 7,500 or more in a month. The max cap is Rs. 500 per month.
- 2% cashback for retail spends Rs. 10,000 or more in a month with a cap of Rs. 1000 per month.
- Fuel, rent, insurance, and cash withdrawal transactions are not eligible.
#5. Other Categories
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions between Rs. 400 to Rs. 5,000
- Additional 5% cashback on specific categories (travel, dining, grocery)
- Maximum cashback of Rs. 1,000 per 30 days period.
Base Reward Rate
- 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 retail spends.
#5. IDFC FIRST Wealth Travel Credit Card
If you’re a frequent traveler, the IDFC FIRST Wealth Travel Credit Card could be an ideal option for you. This card not only offers a lifetime free feature but also comes with a range of benefits tailored for travel enthusiasts.
With the IDFC FIRST Wealth Travel Credit Card, you’ll have access to multiple airport lounges across the country, including 4 complimentary domestic and international airport lounge visits per quarter, and 4 complimentary railway lounge visits per quarter.
Additionally, you can enjoy up to 2 complimentary golf rounds every month by spending Rs. 20,000. Moreover, the card also offers 4 complimentary visits/quarter spa benefits, ensuring that you can truly unwind during your travels.
Key Details of IDFC FIRST Wealth Travel Credit Card
- A lifetime free card with exciting privileges.
- 4 complimentary airport lounge access and spa visits every quarter.
- Up to 2 complimentary rounds of golf every month on spending Rs. 20,000 monthly.
- 10x Reward Points on large spends of Rs. 30,000 or more.
- 10x Reward Points on all transactions on your birthday.
- 6x Rewards on all online spends.
- 3x RPs on all offline spends (for spends up to Rs. 30,000).
- Gift voucher worth Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 15,000 within 90 days.
- Get 5% cashback on the first EMI transaction performed within 30 days of card issuance.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
#6. IDFC FIRST Classic Credit Card
IDFC FIRST Classic Credit Card is an excellent choice for those who are just starting to build their credit score. The best part about this credit card is that it comes with no annual fee and offers amazing rewards.
This reward point-based credit card rewards you on every transaction, whether it’s online or offline. You can earn 10 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent on purchases above Rs. 20,000.
Moreover, as a welcome gift, you can receive a gift voucher worth Rs. 500. You also get a 25% discount (up to Rs. 100) on movie tickets once a month through the Paytm app.
Key Features of IDFC FIRST Classic Credit Card
- You do not need to pay joining and renewal fees for this card.
- Earn 3 reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on offline purchases.
- 6 RP on every Rs. 150 you spend on online purchases.
- Earn 10 reward points on every Rs. 150 spend on purchases above Rs. 20,000.
- Additionally, 10 RP on every Rs. 150 spent on your birthday.
- Get a welcome gift voucher worth Rs. 500 on spending Rs. 15,000 or more within the first 90 days.
- Get personal accident cover worth Rs. 2 Lakhs in case of loss of death.
- You get insurance benefit under lost card liability cover worth Rs. 25,000.
#7. Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card
Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card is a great choice for those who want to earn rewards on everyday purchases. This card is reward point-based, and offers 5 reward points for every Rs. 100 spent on movies, groceries, and departmental stores.
Additionally, this card is perfect for paying credit card bills as it offers a 0.5% cashback on the payment of the credit card bill. You can also earn 1 reward point for every Rs. 100 spent on other spends.
You can also enjoy a 1% fuel surcharge waiver, capped at Rs. 250 per statement cycle.
Key Features of Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card
- No joining/annual fee.
- Earn 0.5% cashback on payment of card bill.
- Earn 5X reward points on selected merchant categories like groceries, departmental stores, and movies.
- 1 reward point on every Rs. 100 spent on other categories.
- 1 reward point is equivalent to Re. 0.25.
- 1 % fuel surcharge on fuel transaction between Rs. 400 – Rs. 5000 at all petrol pumps all across India.
- The maximum fuel transaction capped is at Rs. 250 per statement cycle.
#8. Bank of Baroda (BoB) Prime Credit Card
BOB Financial offers the Bank of Baroda Prime card, a secured credit card that is issued against a FD of Rs. 15,000 or more. This credit card is an ideal option for those who want a cashback credit card without providing income proof.
You can earn 4 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent, which is equivalent to a 1% cashback on all categories. The accumulated rewards can be redeemed against numerous exclusive options, such as shopping and gift vouchers.
Key Highlights of Bank of Baroda Prime Credit Card
- No joining/annual fee.
- Guaranteed issuance against a fixed deposit of Rs. 15,000.
- You get 4 Reward Points every time you spend Rs. 100.
- No reward points can be earned on fuel spends.
- Reward redemption value: 1 RP = Re. 0.25
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel spends.
- Lost card liability protection.
#9. ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card
The ICICI Bank Platinum Chip credit card not only offers rewards points for retail purchases but also for utility and insurance payments. You can earn 1 Reward Point for every Rs. 100 spent on these categories.
Additionally, the card provides exclusive dining discounts of up to 15% at over 2500 restaurants through the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Programme. You can also earn 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on retail purchases.
You can get an ICICI Bank Platinum Chip credit card by sending just one SMS with “PLAT” to 5676766, and enjoy a lifetime free card with no annual or joining fee, and no fee on a supplementary card.
Features & Benefits of ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card
- Avail a 15% dining discount in 2500+ restaurants through the ICICI Bank Culinary Treats Programme.
- Get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all HPCL petrol pumps for a maximum transaction of Rs. 4,000.
- 1 Reward Point = Rs. 0.25.
- Earn 2 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on retail transactions.
- Earn 1 Reward Point on every Rs. 100 spent on insurance & utilities.
- No reward points on fuel transactions.
If you regularly shop on amazon, consider Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card is a better choice for you. This lifetime credit card offers you 5% cashback on amazon shopping for prime members and 3% for non-prime members. You can also increase your Amazon Pay ICICI credit card limit by sending just an SMS.
You may also go with HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card to enjoy luxury travel experiences, as it offers exclusive benefits and rewards at Taj Hotels, along with other travel and lifestyle benefits such as airport lounge access and movie discounts.
If you are a RBL Bank’s Insignia Preferred member & want lifetime free credit card, you can go with RBL Bank Insignia Preferred Banking Credit Card. This card offers a range of privileges & benefits including priority pass membership, concierge service, golf sessions, and attractive movie and dining benefits.
If you’re looking for a credit card that offers you maximize benefits based on your spending habits, consider AU Bank LIT Credit Card. This card is a customizable credit card that allows you to choose your own 5 spending categories to earn cashback or reward points.