HDFC Bank offers a Credit Card Rewards Programme called My Rewards to its credit cardholders. This article is all about the reward points that you earn on your HDFC credit card.
Without wasting your precious time, Let’s directly come to the point.
This article is divided into the following 4 subheadings.
- How much reward points can you earn with your HDFC credit card
- What can you do with the reward points (Redemption options)
- Different redemption processes
- Most important – ‘Terms & Conditions’ related to HDFC credit card reward points.
Reward Points You Can Earn with Your HDFC Credit Card
Reward points are one of the main benefits of credit cards. Every time you swipe your HDFC credit card, or pay the bills using your credit card, reward points automatically credited to the reward points account. But the question is, how many reward points can you earn with your credit card?
Earning reward points merely depends on the type of credit card you hold. Here is the list of 31 HDFC credit cards with the reward points details.
|Credit Card||Reward Points||Additional Reward Points (if any)|
|HDFC MoneyBack||2 Reward points for every Rs 150||4 Reward points for every Rs 150 spent online|
|HDFC MoneyBack plus||2 Reward points for every Rs 150||20 Reward points for every Rs 150|
|HDFC Millenia Credit Card||5% Cashback on online spend like Amazon||1% cashback on other spendings|
|HDFC Regalia Credit Card||4 RP for every Rs 150 spent||–|
|Regalia Regalia Gold Credit card||4 RP for every Rs 150 spent||20 RP for every Rs 150 spent|
|Diners Club Black||5 RP for every Rs 150 spent||10X RP via SmartBuy|
|Diners Club Premium||4 RP for every Rs 150 spent||10X RP via SmartBuy|
|Diners Club Rewardz||3 RP for every Rs 150 spent||10X RP via SmartBuy|
|Platinum Times Card||3 RP for every Rs 150 spent||–|
|Platinum Plus||2 RP for every Rs 150 spent||3 RP for incremental spends above Rs 50,000 in a statement cycle|
|Titanium Times Card||2 RP for every Rs 150 spent||5 RP per Rs 150 spent on dining on weekdays|
|Solitaire||3 RP for every Rs 150 spent||4.5 RP for every Rs 150 spent on dining & grocery|
|Platinum Edge||2 RP for every Rs 150 spent||3 RP for every Rs 150 spent on dining|
|Titanium Edge||2 RP for every Rs 150 spent||3 RP for every Rs 150 spent on dining|
|Infinia||10 RP for every Rs 150 on hdfcinfinia.myrewardz.com||10X RP via SmartBuy|
|Superia||3 RP for every Rs 150 spent||–|
|InterMiles Diners Black||8 InterMiles for every Rs 150 spent||2X InterMiles for flights & hotels booked on www.intermiles.com|
|Bharat Cashback||5% cashback on IRCTC booking/ Fuel payment||5% cashback on Easy EMI/ Payzapp/ Smart Buy|
|Freedom||5% cashback on Movies/ Dining/ Supermarket/ Bill payment||5% cashback on Easy EMI/ Payzapp/ Smart Buy|
|InterMiles HDFC Bank Signature||6 InterMilesfor every Rs 150 spent||2X InterMiles for flights & hotels booked on www.intermiles.com|
|InterMiles HDFC Bank Platinum||4 InterMiles for every Rs 150 spent||2X InterMiles for flights & hotels booked on www.intermiles.com|
|Maruti Suzuki NEXA HDFC Bank AllMIles||3 RP for every Rs 150 spent on retail||6 RP for every Rs 150 spends made on MyNEXA section.|
|Paytm HDFC Bank||3% Cashback on any spending||–|
|Paytm HDFC Bank Select||5% Cashback on any spending||–|
|Doctor’s Superia||3 RP for every Rs 150 spent on retail||5 RP per Rs 150 spent on dining in select restaurants|
|Teacher’s Platinum||2 RP for every Rs 150 spent on retail||–|
|Business Money Back||2 RP for every Rs 150 spent||4 RPs on online spending|
|Business Regalia||4 RP for every Rs 150 spent||–|
|Corporate Platinum||2 RP for every Rs 150 spent||–|
|Business Platinum||1% cashback on retail spends||1% cashback on international spends|
|Business Freedom||5% cashback on Movies/ Dining/ Supermarket/ Bill payment||5% cashback on Easy EMI/ Payzapp/ Smart Buy|
|Corporate Card||2 RP for every Rs 150 spent||4 RP on Air, Travel, Hotel, Dining & Utility spends|
Check out – Slice credit card review
What Can You Do With Reward Points?
HDFC bank offers a wide range of redemption options to fulfill different expectations of their cardholders. The main benefits of rewards include redemption from the reward catalog, cashback, redemption against air miles, and FasTrac items.
#1. HDFC Credit Card Reward Points Catalogue
These categories carry more than 100 products.
HDFC Reward Points Gift List ( HDFC Credit Card Reward Points Catalogue)
There are some attractive gifts that you can redeem against reward points.
Headphones & Speakers
- BoAt BassHeads 100 In-Ear Headphones
- Skullcandy Jib In-Ear Headphone
- Sandisk Micro SD Card 16 GB or 32 GB
Home & Decor
- Iris Fragrance Gift Set
- Tupperware Products
- Morphy Richards Induction CookTop
- Philips Mixer Grinder
- Philips Citrus Press
- Philips Steam Iron
- Signoraware Dinner Set
- Adidas Backpack Power II
- Neopack Water Resistant Zipper Passport Holder
- Swiss Military Toiletry Bag
- Wildcraft Backpacks
- Swarovski Solitaire Pierced Earrings
- Peperone Ines Pink Handbag
- Donna & Drew Men Wallet
Gift & eVouchers
- Shopper’s stop
- Kaylan Jewellers
Apart from the above list, you will get products on Lifestyle, Toys & Games, Gifts, Jewellery and many more.
You may like to read the difference between HDFC Millennia vs Regalia credit card
If you are a frequent flyer, you can get benefits on travel by redeeming your earned reward points for Air Miles. The redemption value is different for different credit cards. Here are all the details.
You have to make your request to convert your reward points into air miles with the bank. HDFC will forward this information to the concerned airline. It takes up to 7 working days from the airline to confirm the conversion to air miles
#3. HDFC Credit Card Reward Points Redemption to Cash
For me, this is the best redemption option because, from cash redemption, we can calculate the real saving not derived. And you don’t need to go with the gifts items that the bank offers.
But all the credit cards don’t offer the Cash Redemption option. HDFC Credit cards are an exception now. In 2019, HDFC provided this facility to redeem reward points as a statement credit.
HDFC Credit Card Reward Points Redemption Process
Value of Reward Points – 1 Reward Point = 0.50 INR.
How to redeem?
Here are the steps you can follow to redeem your credit card reward points into cash
- Login to HDFC Netbanking portal
- Goto Cards -> Enquire -> Redeem Reward Points -> select the card & proceed
- On Redemption Portal, Goto Redeem Reward Points -> Cash Redemption
- Enter the details and proceed
- Expect cash credit in approx. 7 working days
Note: Minimum redemption value is Rs. 500 and yoiu have to pay Rs. 99 as a convenience fee per redemption.
#4. FasTrac Items
You can use your reward points to get a discount on the selected items in the reward catalog and pay for the rest. This means, you can use your reward points to pay for a part of the purchase, and the remainder will be charged to your credit card.
You need to fill out the redemption form and send to the mailing address provided on the form or drop it in the credit card boxes in the ATM or reach out nearest HDFC Bank Branch.
Also read – ICICI credit card reward points guide
HDFC Credit Card Reward Points Redemption
You can redeem your reward points by following four modes
- Through Post
- Online Redemption
- Points + Pay
- Customer Service Center
#1. Through Post
You can redeem your reward points through post. For this, you need to download the Rewards Redemption Form online. Fill it up and mail it to HDFC Bank Credit Card Customer Care address (Rewards Helpdesk, HDFC Bank Cards Division, P.O. Box No. 399, Anna Salai P.O., Chennai – 600 002) to get your rewards. The form looks like –
#2. Online Redemption
You can redeem your reward points through net banking. This is one the easiest method for redemption. Follow the following steps to redeem your reward points through net banking
Step 1: Register Your Card and Start Redemption Process
- Login to your netbanking account on the HDFC Bank website https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/.
- Click on Cards or Credit Cards.
- If you haven’t registered your credit card, then you have to register first by clicking on “register new card”.
- After you have registered your card, click on “Redeem Reward Points”.
Step 2: Redeeming Reward Points
- Select “Points Range” and “Item Category” to view catalogue.
- Select the items which you like by adding to the Shopping cart.
- Once you have selected all items you want to redeem, click on “View Shopping Cart” link to view items selected for redemption. Quantity of items selected can be modified by clicking on “Edit”.
- Read the ‘Terms & Conditions’ and check the box to confirm you have read it and accept it.
- Your contact details and address will be displayed, and the items will be delivered to this address.
- Click on “Redeem” to complete the process. A Redemption Order Number will be displayed, note it down.
- In case you find any discrepancies, don’t proceed with the redemption and instead call the customer care service.
#3. Points + Pay ( Fas Trac Items)
You can also buy products paying partly through the redemption of Reward Points and the balance through your Credit Card.
This option is available on a select range of products (FasTrac items) in the Rewards Catalogue and can be availed only through the “Redemption Form” mode of redemption. Bank will debit the relevant “Pay” amount for the item selected on your credit card and the same will reflect in your card statement.
In this way, you don’t have to sacrifice your reward points on small items if you don’t have sufficient reward points. Buy the product that you want to buy & pay the exceeds through your credit card.
#4. Customer Service Center
Call the customer service center to redeem your points. The representative will walk you through the process and options for redemption.
Most Important Terms & Conditions related to Reward Redemption
- You must need to accumulate a minimum of 500 points to be eligible for redemption of Reward Points. Having reward points below 500, you can’t make a reward redemption request.
- Reward points are valid only for 2 years from the date of accumulation. So it’s advisable to collect the reward points at least for 1.5 years & then redeem for higher gift value.
- Rs 75 will be debited to the card account for handling charges. Every Time you make a redemption request, this amount will be charged.
- Reward points once converted to Air Miles cannot be reversed/canceled.
- A cardmember cannot transfer any points to another person or another Credit Card account.
- The conversion of reward points into air miles takes up to 7 days for confirmation from the airline.
- HDFC Bank will take 10 to 15 working days to process your request and deliver your merchandise or gift voucher.
That’s all guys. Let me know if you have any queries regarding HDFC credit card reward points in the comments section.