Mobile phones are very important. If you lose one, you can’t find it, or it is taken from you, the bad things that could happen are like: your payment information will be lost and people who take it can steal your money; people might see messages or pictures on the phone; and other stuff.
To prevent all these bad things from happening to you, do this before we talk about what to do if someone takes your mobile: make a password for your phone and turn off location services on your phone.
You can find your phone company and disable the SIM card. This way, no one can use it. You can also use this to recover your data on WhatsApp, for example, chats or pictures.
If you backed up these chats before you lost your phone, then you will not need to worry. You will be able to recover them automatically if they are saved on Google Drive or iCloud for iPhone users.
Restore WhatsApp messages backup on Android devices:
You have to disable your SIM card before you can recover your WhatsApp messages. You need to get a fresh Android smartphone with the same information as the one that you got from the service provider. Follow these instructions: Insert your SIM card in this new phone, and open WhatsApp on it. Log in with your account name or mobile number, and make sure to enter the SMS code when prompted to do so.
- Install WhatsApp on your new phone.
- Log in to WhatsApp on your old phone using the same number.
- When you sign in to WhatsApp, it will search for backups of all of your data and show a notification asking if you want to recover them.
- When you join WhatsApp, it will look for backups in Google Drive and show a notification. Choose the backup file and press Restore.
- It may take seconds to a few minutes to recover all of your texts. Once they have been recovered, click NEXT and follow the on-screen directions to refresh your WhatsApp profile.
Restore WhatsApp messages on IOS devices
First, if your iPhone is synced with or backed up to iCloud, you can recover your messages from that backup. Or if you were using an iPhone and had it backed up in iTunes, then you can recover those messages after buying a new iPhone.
If you do this, be prepared to lose all the information and settings on your old phone.
You can recover lost WhatsApp messages and user data from iCloud to the latest iPhone.
- Download WhatsApp on your iPhone
- Log in to your Apple ID.
- Provide the right code when asked.
- Open WhatsApp and validate the mobile number. -You will see a screen with the words “Backup from iCloud.” Tap on Restore Chat History button on this screen to start recovery process
To recover lost WhatsApp messages and data, remember the following:
- Connect your iPhone to your desktop using the USB connection that came with it.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Click the “iPhone” button and then choose “Restore backup.” From multiple backups, find a backup from before you lost your iPhone. To start restoring, select “Restore.”