Having multiple email account by a single user is a common phenomenon these days. Logging in and logging out to switch accounts is the most exhausting and irritating phenomenon. Obviously, without mentioning it is a sheer waste of time.
How to Switch Fast Between Multiple Gmail Accounts is a hack almost everyone juggling with multiple accounts wants to know.
Usually, people like to have a separate personal and professional account, and that’s a pretty good idea accounts since Google uses the same login info for all their services.
Checking each account manually can prove to be a hassle, so you can take the help of various effective tools that can make this task easier.
A lot of people have asked multiple times that How can I easily toggle between multiple Gmail accounts, so here’s a quick solution for you. But, before initiating you should be knowing how to link all your Gmail accounts. Take a look:
How to Link Gmail Accounts
Before switching between two or more Gmail accounts, make sure that all Gmail accounts you want to use are linked together. Take a look at how to do the same:
- Open Gmail with the first user name and click your picture, name or email address in the top right corner of Gmail.
- Now click the option “Add account”.
- Type the Gmail address you want to add for multiple sign-in. Fill in that account’s password and then re-enter your password.
- Click Sign in, to complete.
Now, in case you want to unlink any Gmail account, simply log out of either of the connected accounts. Automatically, you will be logged out of all the accounts.
Running Multiple Browsers Simultaneously
This is one of the easiest, straight- forward and one of the most used methods to manage multiple accounts.
You have to simply run two or three different browsers, each with a different user account logged in. There is only one basic requirement that is you need to have multiple browsers installed on your computer.
How to Switch Fast Between Multiple Gmail Accounts
Google has made the process of switching between Multiple Gmail Accounts easier with its super cool feature. Now, you can switch between accounts Using Gmail’s Multiple Sign-In Feature. Now, with this feature, you can sign- into multiple Google accounts within a single browser. Take a look at how to add the new account first:
- Go to the top right of your Google Profile picture and click on it. Now select Add account.
- Click Sign into another account.
- You will see that a new tab will open up wherein you can sign in.
- Next time if you want to open that same account, you can simply select it from the list of accounts that are shown after clicking Add account.
Now once the account has been added, let’s see how to quickly switch between multiple Gmail accounts:
- Simply, sign in to the Gmail account.
- On the extreme top right, select your profile picture.
- And from here, simply click on the account you would like to use.
Now, every time you open the Gmail account, the dropdown menu will open, allowing you to quickly switch between saved Google accounts. It is possible to add or remove accounts from the list whenever you want.
In case you are using some older versions or a product, which does not yet support Google’s new multiple sign-in features, so in that case, your default username will be used.
As the name suggests, this would work only in the Firefox browser. A lot of plugins like Cookie Swap, Gmail Manager, etc. are available to carry out the process of Sign in to multiple accounts at once.
Out of all, Gmail Manager is the most widely used plugin. The best part is that it is open-source and you can use it for free. The Gmail manager comes in with a lot of benefits.
It remembers all your Gmail account passwords and sends a notification whenever any new e-mail is received, on any of the accounts. However, if the notifications are an irritating zone to you, simply turn them off.
Download the Gmail Manager from the official Mozilla add-ons site or straight from the developer’s webpage. It works as follows:
- Go to Firefox, and simply using the Gmail manager select the Gmail account that you want to switch to from the status bar, then left-click on it.
- Click on the Gmail Manager in the status bar to see all the details of your selected Gmail account, like labels or any new messages, etc.
And you are Done!
Switching Accounts via Delegation
Delegation is another way of operating several Gmail accounts.
- Open Gmail. Go on the gear icon and choose Settings. Click on the Accounts and Import tab. Scroll down to the section, “Grant Access to your account”, click the “Add another account” link next to it.
- Enter the Gmail you want to give access to, and click “Next Step”.
- Now go into your main Gmail account, via which you are initiating this process and check your inbox for a confirmation e-mail and click the link provided to complete the process.
- Now the effect will be that the messages you send using this method will have your name attached to them in the “From” field like this: Your Name (sent by Delegate).
In case you want to delete access to your Gmail account, i.e. you want to revoke an e-mail from accessing your account, then follow these steps:
- Select Settings in Gmail and open the Accounts and Import tab.
- Scroll down to the Grant access to your account tab and click delete next to the e-mail you want to revoke access.
- To finish, click OK.
Now, as soon as that person shuts off his session on Gmail, he won’t be able to access your mails any longer.
So, follow the above guide for How to Switch Fast Between Multiple Gmail Accounts and avoid the tedious process of switching back and forth between different accounts.
Enjoy the convenience of multiple accounts at just a click.